Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm going on a walk!

It's about 12 hours before I board the airplane, switch my clocks 13 hours ahead, celebrate the New Year in Taipei, and begin a trek south to the bottom of Taiwan. I'm out of shape, still in America, and my longing to travel has eaten away at my scholastic productivity this past semester.

It's about time to get out of here!

On Jan. 1, 2008, I will embark on A Walk to Remember.... no I'm just kidding.

A Walk on my Ethnic Lines is what I've been calling it, and the plan is to walk, meet people, and blog in the general theme of multi-ethnic identity. Of course, that won't be the only thing I blog about. I'm no scholarly database of useful information; mostly just a college kid trying to see the world. So, you'll probably read about and see pictures of my daily thoughts and observations.

My friend, Steve, and I will be walking for around three weeks, blogging wherever the Internet is available to us. I’ve got a sleeping bag and a tent in my backpack, so we’ll sleep wherever the wind blows us.

Please check back every day to find the latest updates and to comment on our posts. Click here for Steve's blog. Oh, here's a funny one: We got some food earlier today and below is the fortune cookie "fortune" that I got...
Let's see what walking 260-miles has to say about that.

To all I wish a joyous New Year and all the best to you and your loved ones.
PEACE!

1 Comments:

At December 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of this... - John Ur

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home