Thursday, January 3, 2008

For the first time in my life, I am blogging in an Internet cafe. We're sitting in the non-smoking section as the smoke billows in from the other room.

We spent the day here in I-lan milling around in the sun, drinking creamy coffee and looking for a new digital camera. After a few hours, Steve finally decided on one, and here's our first picture displayed on one of the store TVs.

James, our salesman friend sold it to us.

We're supposed to be leaving now, but I-lan is a pretty cool place. At breakfast, we finished and paid, but the lady that served us fed us her home-grown guavas. She gave us one, and then another. After we left to buy the camera, we had to head back toward her store. As we passed, she gave us another guava. Delicious.
It's 4:40pm now, the clouds are building, and it gets dark around 5:30pm. We're late. Off we walk towards Suou.
Let's hope today is the last day of the cold wind blowing along the coast.

7 Comments:

At January 3, 2008 at 5:56 AM , Blogger ikun said...

Suou is an interesting place. You can
go a little south to see 南方澳. It is a big fishing port on Pacific coast.

 
At January 3, 2008 at 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you two are having quite the adventure! Such a mix of hospitality, generosity, wonder and excitement; and also, a little fear and uncertainty. I think that's what every adventure needs! It's a pleasure to read your writing. I like the story of the guavas. Keep it coming! And be safe!

 
At January 3, 2008 at 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thats a big chair you got there my man! Tell steve-o I said Hi Jeff. Your entries are great I plan on reading all of them as they come about. peace to you guys ! i can't believe you've been sleeping around with no where to staaaay. maaad props. you should find a friend there to embark on the journey with you like. like a pretty girl =D haha aight guys keep it real, stay black

 
At January 3, 2008 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

take more pictures of the food you're eating!

 
At January 3, 2008 at 3:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff! Thanks for sending me the email about this blog and your fabulous trip! Of course you think about Yosemite everyday: All of us who have worked there think about the place everyday :)

Enjoy your travels and stay safe. I will check back for updates.

-Nan Oswald

 
At January 3, 2008 at 5:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo man. This is your cousin Jack, the one lives in LA. Read about your thing on the news, damn you are one crazy man. but thumbs up to you. I havn't seen you since your last visit in LA, and I'm moving up to SF in a few weeks, i will try to walk across the Golden Gate bridge like you told me. I''m check back for updates, keep us posted. Safe trip and have fun.

 
At January 3, 2008 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Now, you realize most people in Taiwan are very friendly, and enthusiastic to strangers. I guess you will make tons of freinds after finished your trip. Keep walking.., and be safe.

Your other cousin Jack

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home