Monday, January 7, 2008

In Hualien now at a university -- will continue walking tomorrow.

We stayed at a Buddhist Monastary last night and will do so again tonight. Wake-up call is at 3:50am. I didn't hear it.

We had to get down to the temple by 4:10am and start prayer at 4:20am.

Obviously, I'm lost in the words. I just try to go along with the melody sometimes. This is funny. Just the other week, I was in an Episcopal Church singing at Christmas Eve service, and I didn't have a clue what was giong on. This sort of sums up the reason I'm here.

I live within two cultures, both of which I don't understand fully, and neither one understands me fully. More on this when I get some more time on the computer.

We spent the first half of the day shoveling cement and making chocolate covered cashew candies at the monastary.

Both the trainyard and near the waterfalls were great sleeping spots.


Yours peacefully,
Jeff

1 Comments:

At January 7, 2008 at 10:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wet,

What is culture?

Thoughtfully,
and with love,
Danny

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home